[yocto] Deploying Yocto build images

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Thu Nov 21 07:48:08 PST 2013

Stefano,

Looks interesting.  I have a question that I didn't see covered in the documentation (yet).  I can see the benefit to having a single image firmware upgrade, but how does swupdate handle configuration differences?  I can see cases in which the majority of the software will be the same but there will be configuration file differences from device to device.  I like the idea of a single image upgrade, but not at the cost of wiping the device-specific configuration.

Thanks,
Bryan E.