[yocto] is the ref manual DISTRO_FEATURES list meant to be exhaustive?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Nov 15 02:09:23 PST 2013

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013, Paul Eggleton wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> On Thursday 14 November 2013 09:05:09 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   just noticed that the list of DISTRO_FEATURES values listed here:
> >
> > http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#ref-featu
> > res-distro
> >
> > is somewhat incomplete. is that deliberate? just from poking
> > around the dora release, i can see tests for DISTRO_FEATURES
> > values of ptest, directfb, pam, zeroconf, acl, xattr, sysvinit and
> > more. should those values also be part of that list, or is the ref
> > manual only attempting to present a subset?
>
> It's meant to be complete. I think as new values have been
> introduced we have neglected to add them to the list, but they
> should be added.

  in case this is helpful, here's the full list i came up with using a
simple grep search looking through the dora 10.0 source tree for
DISTRO_FEATURES tests of values that aren't listed in section 10.1 of
the ref manual:

 3g
 acl
 directfb
 ipv4
 largefile
 libc-posix-clang-wchar
 ld-is-gold
 multiarch
 nfc
 openvg
 pam
 pie
 pulseaudio
 ptest
 sysvinit
 x11
 xattr
 zeroconf

conversely, there *are* a few values listed in section 10.1 of the ref
manual that don't appear to be tested for anywhere (typo? obsolete?)

 ext2
 irda (this is a MACHINE feature but not a DISTRO feature)
 sdk-pms

for what it's worth. i'm about to do the same scan for
MACHINE_FEATURES.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca