[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Nov 12 14:45:30 PST 2013

Attendees:
Jessica, Matthew, Nitin, Beth, Belen, IonutC, AlexD, ScottR, Bruce, Saul, Darren, Michael, Richard, JeffP, TomZ, Ross, Björn, Corneliu, Mark, Song

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.6 status - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.6_Features
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.6_Schedule
  - Planning: We need to map every medium+ and high feature to each milestone. Team leads and Song will follow up with you if you have not done so.
  - Saul/Beth: Do a push to master today, do a full build, plan for a weekly test from QA.
  - Beth: trying to optimize the git fetcher. Ross has been testing this. Things are moving a lot quicker. Let beth know if you have any issues.
  - 1.5.1: first attempt after M1, week of Dec. 16th or earlier in the week of Dec. 9th.  After new year is another window. Paul and Saul are working with Robert to reduce the patch set down.
  - Bug fixes. Bug count is going up, please keep an eye on it and fix whenever you have time.
* SWAT team rotation: Nitin -> Beth.
* Opens - 10 min
  - Saul- Ptest: in discussion with some folks on this. Automated testing is priority for 1.6. There are a couple of teams interested in helping. Would like to see if we can setup a wiki page to coordinate recipes we are working on. Bjorn will start collecting this information tomorrow. ScottR: in the doc, there is a ptest section with recipes enabled. Please keep ScottR involved. Saul/RP: Maybe need to be generic on this. Give example recipes but no complete list.
  - Darren - bug management
    . Have a weekly bug triage. Over the years, bug count increased. A lot of bugs are in medium. A lot of not resolved because people will not get to them. Expect to see bugs distributed more evenly across priorities. Move bugs that people will not get to into 'future'. More janitor bugs for new people to pick up and help.
  - RP: performance
    . Kernel build time took long time. Did analysis, multiple copying of files eliminated. A few patches sent, merged into the master. Reduced a minute and half for kernel build time. Configuration optimization, but no significant result. 3 ideas: strip binary, but time to strip is also significant. Native compiler, but that slows the build down.  Use hardlink instead of copy files. Help storage, but not so much on time. Any ideas, RP is interested.
  - Corneliu- oe-selftest
    . The feature has been in Bugzilla for a while. Started working on it. Unit test in the context of build environment or ourside of it. We have skeleton loading modules and testing it. Are improving it. Working on meta-selftest layer. Hope to send patches for review by the end of this weekend.
* Team Sharing - 20 min
  - MichaelH: new storage array testing, burning, etc. everything is going well. Increased our capacity, redundancy, etc. Planned swapping in devices last Friday, but did not work out. Will schedule this Friday. 5 hour down time for AB.