[yocto] Yocto zedboard v4l-utils & 3.6.0 kernel with C920 webcam sucess

Edward Vidal vidal.develone at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 14:00:07 PST 2013

Hello all,
I finally was able to get the modules needed to support the C920 webcam.
The modules needed were a total of eight.
 tree 3.6.0-digilent-13.01-00002-g06b3889
3.6.0-digilent-13.01-00002-g06b3889
├── kernel
│   └── drivers
│       └── media
│           └── video
│               ├── gspca
│               │   └── gspca_main.ko
│               ├── uvc
│               │   └── uvcvideo.ko
│               ├── v4l2-common.ko
│               ├── v4l2-int-device.ko
│               ├── videobuf2-core.ko
│               ├── videobuf2-memops.ko
│               ├── videobuf2-vmalloc.ko
│               └── videodev.ko
├── myled.ko
└── pmodoled-gpio.ko

6 directories, 10 files
I built the core-image-sato for the zedboard which installed 1463 RPMs.  I
built a core-image-sato-sdk for the beagleboard with boost qt-mobility-x11
gsl gnuplot gnuradio boost, v4l-utils and python-netserver
which I installed with the rpm command increased the package count to 1559.

I used the boneCV for capture routine Modifications, added the -F mode for
H264 capture and associated help detail
 *  www.derekmolloy.ie on the zedboard and raw2mpg4 on Fedora18x86_64.
ffmpeg is my next task.

git remote show origin