[yocto] using Clang Was: Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Trevor Woerner trevor.woerner at linaro.org
Wed Nov 6 10:56:21 PST 2013

On 5 November 2013 15:44, Liu, Song <song.liu at intel.com> wrote:
>   - Randy: Any plan to add Clang? open source compiler. Developed by Apple.
> Qualcomm is working on it.  RP: there are lots of other things. Not hearing
> from tens of users on this. Welcome others to contribute.

I'm curious to try Clang with OE too, but the last time I checked it
still is not possible to build a valid kernel using Clang alone.
Therefore I would assume if I wanted to use Clang it could only be for
building user-space things and I'd still need a cross-gcc compiler for
the kernel. Is that the current plan?