[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, November 05, 2013 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Nov 5 15:44:41 PST 2013

Attendees:
Matthew, Björn, Beth, Nitin, MichaelH, ScottR, Denys, Richard, JeffP, TomZ, Cristiana, PaulE, AlexD, Bruce, Darren, RandyM, Saul, AlexG, Jessica, Ross, Song

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.6 status - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.6_Features
  - Most of the features are in. Still a couple more being worked on. We have the end of this week to complete 1.6 planning.
  - Randy: build system infrastructure to identify problems. We have a hefty build system, running build on oe-core. Several hundred different distros. Many bugs open. Various debugging, configuration, various BSPs, build tests, etc. We use a different build system. Scope of machines >10 < 100.
    . RP: We have autobuilder running builds, we have auto testing framework in place for 1.5 (virtual testing), trying to add real hardware testing. Working on self testing too for 1.6. Welcome the community to work with our team together.
* SWAT team rotation: Laurentiu Palcu -> Nitin.
* Opens - 10 min
  Beth: AB downtime.
    - Making some AB changes on configuration files, new things on git clone. Have some testing to do tonight, Anyone seeing any failures in the next 12 hours, let me know. Downtime will happen in the next 8 hours (8 hours testing time).
    - Michael: we have a huge storage upgrade, copying file to new ones. Downtime in the future for this for about 4 hours. Friday will be a good time. 16 disk arrays to 24 disk arrays.
* Team Sharing - 20 min
  - Randy: Any plan to add Clang? open source compiler. Developed by Apple. Qualcomm is working on it.  RP: there are lots of other things. Not hearing from tens of users on this. Welcome others to contribute.