[yocto] Module loading issue

Bernard Mentink bmentink at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 13:42:26 PST 2013

Hi Guys,

I am having trouble loading some kernel CAN modules so that they go in my
image.

I have the following lines in my layers .conf file:

MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS += "kernel-module-can-dev"
MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS += "kernel-module-c_can"
MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS += "kernel-module-c_can_platform"
MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS += "kernel-module-can"
MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS += "kernel-module-can-raw"
MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS += "kernel-module-mcp2515"

all the modules end up in the rootfs except c_can and c_can_platform.
All modules are built as modules.

They end up in the deply/images/modules* tarball, but not in the rootfs ..

Hopefully someone can suggest a solution.

Cheers,
Bernie