[yocto] meta-openembedded/meta-oe and busbox issues in 'dora'

Hans Beckérus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 08:21:38 PST 2013

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 05:05:43PM +0100, Hans Beckérus wrote:
>> Hello. We get the below error when trying to build our image in Yocto
>> 1.5 'dora'.
>>
>> ERROR: No recipes available for:
>>   /home/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-core/busybox/busybox_1.20.2.bbappend
>> ERROR: Command execution failed: Exited with 1
>>
>> We use the 'dora' branch also in meta-openembedded.
>
> Why are you using meta-openembedded from 'dora' branch when your oe-core
> branch is 'master'?
Aha. We use the 'dora' branch in Yocto but need some packages provided
only in meta-openembedded.
Are you saying that we should not use the 'dora' branch in
meta-openembedded but instead go for 'master'?
I am probably confused here, but I distinctively though 'dora' in
Yocto would require the same in OE :(