[yocto] 2.6.39 kernel and poky

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Mon Nov 4 07:09:30 PST 2013

Maxwell,

Atmel has a Yocto meta layer over at http://www.github.com/linux4sam/meta-atmel.  Their layer was originally focused on the SAMA5 chipset, but has been since modified to include the SAM9x5 chipset.  I have a fork over at http://www.github.com/evensonbryan/meta-atmel that I've been using for my SAM9G25 board.  There is one kernel recipe that is using Atmel's 3.6.9 kernel and another that uses Atmel's 3.9 kernel.  The 3.6.9 kernel in my testing is the most stable and has the highest level of peripheral support, but I've been able to get both to run on the SAM9G25 evaluation board and our custom hardware.  Feel free to fork my layer or Atmel's layer and add support for the 2.6.39 kernel.  Atmel has been accepting pull requests on additional features.

-Bryan Evenson