[yocto] bbappend files and "ERROR: no recipes available for"

Markus Svilans msvilans at aeonyx.ca
Fri Nov 1 13:18:57 PDT 2013

Hi Søren,

Thanks very much for the suggestion. It worked.

On the subject, I noticed you have to be careful when using "+=" and
"=+" to append to variables in bb files. Here is my bbappend file, with
the proper operator after the PACKAGES variable:

> # Cherrypick the firmware files that we need:
>
> PACKAGES =+ " ${PN}-rtl8168d-1"
>
> FILES_${PN}-rtl8168d-1 = " \
>   /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8168d-1.fw \
> "

Previously I had "+=", and my custom rtl8168 package file was not being
generated.

Regards,
Markus