[yocto] 2.6.39 kernel and poky

Maxwell Bottiger sleepylight at jive-turkey.net
Fri Nov 1 08:21:39 PDT 2013

I have a custom kernel and drivers I built for an Atmel AT91SAM9x5ek system
on a chip, and I'd like to use them with yocto to build a distribution.

The original documentation, support CD, etc are all based around an open
embedded build from 2011, which doesn't seem to work any longer.  Yocto
looks like a great alternative, but wants to build the 3.10 kernel, which I
don't think supports this SoC any longer.  So, is there a straight forward
method of building a standard Poky root filesystem, but with a custom
recipe for the 2.6.39 kernel instead of the stock one?

Thanks for your help.