[yocto] using module_autoload

Katu Txakur katutxakurra at gmail.com
Thu May 30 09:44:07 PDT 2013

Hi,
yes, I copied the file directly and you're right, it didn't work.
I did the same thing with the danny compatible file and now it's working :)
so, the solution was:

1) copy the kernel-module-split.bbclass<https://github.com/openwebos/meta-webos/blob/c5a3676e69ab54d62f29d7bbeb6a4ac517eb1c33/classes/kernel-module-split.bbclass>
your layer
2) add inherit module kernel-module-split to the recipe of your driver
3) in the machine.conf file add
MACHINE_ESSENTIAL_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS += "mydriver"
module_autoload_mydriver += "mydriver"

Thanks a lot for your help, I can now jump to the next problem! :)
Katu