[yocto] How can I change the install path of the rootfs?

Sebastian Süsens su at mycable.de
Wed May 29 02:26:58 PDT 2013

On 05/29/2013 11:24 AM, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 29 May 2013 10:17, Sebastian Süsens <su at mycable.de> wrote:
>> I want to install scripts in a folder names can. My bitbake file looks
>> following:
>>
>> DESCRIPTION = "Test scripts for testing xxsq701 interfaces"
>> SECTION = "test_applications"
>> PR = "r0"
>> PN = "test-scripts"
>> LICENSE = "${MYC_LICENSE}"
>> LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://${MYC_LICENSFILE};md5=${MYCMD5_LICENSFILE}"
>>
>> S="${TOPDIR}/../applications/meta-testapps/test-scripts/src"
>>
>> do_install() {
>>     echo "DO_INSTALL: install test-scripts to ${D}/can"
>>     install -d ${D}/can
>>     install -m 0777 ${S}/can/init_can.sh ${D}/can
>> }
>>
>> When I run bitbake I get following error:
>> WARNING: QA Issue: test-scripts: Files/directories were installed but
>> not shipped
>>   /can
>>   /can/init_can.sh
>>

>> And bitbakes break off with this message:
>> Unable to resolve package test-scripts
>>

>> When I replace can with ${bindir} it works.
>>
>> How can I change the install path of the rootfs?
> If you want to install stuff into a non-standard path then you'll need
> to redefine the FILES_ variables (which defaults to $bindir and so on,
> for convenience).  In this case, FILES_${PN} = "/can" will be
> sufficient.
>
> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.4/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-FILES
> is the relevant section in the reference documentation.
>
> Ross
Thank you.

   Sebastian Süsens               Tel.   +49 4321 559 56-27
   mycable GmbH                   Fax    +49 4321 559 56-10
   Gartenstrasse 10
   24534 Neumuenster, Germany     Email  su at mycable.de
   mycable GmbH, Managing Director: Michael Carstens-Behrens
   USt-IdNr: DE 214 231 199, Amtsgericht Kiel, HRB 1797 NM
   they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error,
   please notify the sender and delete all copies from your system.