[yocto] qemu: keyboard mapping got changed

varun bhatnagar varun292006 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 11:41:58 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have build an image by using *bitbake -k core-image-minimal. *After that
I booted the image through qemu. But when I tried logging in I found out
that the key mapping of the keyboard got changed and correct alphabets are
not getting typed. I am attaching a screenshot below.

 I checked on the internet and on one site it is written that it will work
if I pass *-k* along with the below argument it might work. I have no idea
whether it will work or not. Can anyone tell me where can I add this.

Is there any other alternative or work around for this problem.

Running qemu-system-ppc...
/local/varun/poky-yocto-1.4-m3/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/qemu-system-ppc
-kernel
/local/varun/poky-yocto-1.4-m3/build/tmp/deploy/images/vmlinux-qemuppc.bin
-net nic,model=pcnet -net tap,vlan=0,ifname=tap0,script=no,downscript=no
-cpu G4 -M mac99 -hda
/local/varun/poky-yocto-1.4-m3/build/tmp/deploy/images/core-image-minimal-qemuppc.ext3
-no-reboot -show-cursor -usb -usbdevice wacom-tablet -no-reboot -m 128
--append "root=/dev/hda rw console=ttyS0 console=tty ip=192.168.7.2:
:192.168.7.1:255.255.255.0 mem=128M "

//
Varun