[yocto] Hello world-Checksum error

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue May 28 06:54:40 PDT 2013

On Tuesday 28 May 2013 15:45:10 Zafrullah Syed wrote:
> Error corrected. Thank You.
>
> Do we need to add IMAGE_INSTALL += " hello " and EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += "
> hello " to yocto/build/conf/local.conf or yocto/poky/build/conf/local.conf
>  before running build?

If you want it installed into an image, yes. However, IMAGE_INSTALL += "hello"
in local.conf won't work, because it will be overridden by the setting of
IMAGE_INSTALL in the image recipe itself, since local.conf will be parsed
first. You need to do this instead in local.conf:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " hello"

(note the leading space, this is important with _append as _append does not
add a space for you). _append operations are deferred until the end of parsing
and thus will be applied even if the value is set with = afterwards as in this
case.

Also, EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += " hello " won't do anything since "hello" is not
a valid image feature, it's a package. Appending it to IMAGE_INSTALL is enough
to have it installed into the image.

Cheers,
Paul

--