[yocto] How can I remove packages from rootfs file ?

Jack jackrubby2010 at gmail.com
Sat May 25 06:58:46 PDT 2013

Hi,

I maked a fsl-image-minaml rootfs file and customized it with adding
particular packages. For example, I added
IMAGE_INSTALL_append_pn-fsl-image-minimal = " task-core-ssh-openssh
task-core-nfs-server" in local.conf file. The problem is that, the rootfs
file has 6-7 MB capacity but this capacity of file is very high and not
acceptable to me. So how can I remove some packages from rootfs file that I
do not want ? For example, remove packages like ar, arping,  basename,
telnet, beep, .....

Thanks,
Js