[yocto] Problem with Python in pre-built SDK

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu May 23 03:37:49 PDT 2013

On 16 May 2013 22:53, Ben Warren <Ben.Warren at spidercloud.com> wrote:
> I'm having other Yocto problems using the stock Ubuntu x86_64 toolchain, so decided to install
> one using the instructions in section 2.1.2 (Using a Cross-Toolchain Tarball) of the "Yocto
> Project Application Developer's Guide".

What are these other problems?  Ubuntu should work fine as a host.

> ImportError: No module named fcntl
> ========
>
> So it looks like the Python included with the SDK is crippled or mis-configured:

Yeah, the Python we build is split up massively, so clearly the SDK is
missing the packages that are needed to run bitbake.  But as I said,
using our SDK to build is over-complicating things as Ubuntu should
work fine.  What problems were you seeing?

Ross