[yocto] runqemu: vnc server running on ::1:5900

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed May 22 10:11:52 PDT 2013

On 22 May 2013 18:06, varun bhatnagar <varun292006 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Nicolas....
> But neither I am getting any qemu window in GUI nor any console. It is
> getting stuck there itself (as shown in the screenshot). But in the video
> which is available on the yocto site, when runqemu command is given one qemu
> console gets launched where in user can see the image getting booted. But in
> my case I am not getting anything and it is getting stuck.

As Nicolas said, that's expected.  You didn't have SDL present when
qemu was compiled, so it's using VNC to display the UI.  Connect a VNC
client to the address it gives you, and you'll see the UI.

Alternatively, and this is how the video was done, if you install SDL
and re-build qemu-native it will display a window itself.

Ross