[yocto] runqemu: vnc server running on ::1:5900

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Wed May 22 09:51:59 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM, varun bhatnagar <varun292006 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have successfully created a PowerPC image using* bitbake -k
> core-image-minimal*.
> When I am trying to boot it using *runqemu qemuppc* I am getting a
> message saying* vnc server running on ::1:5900.*
>
> I searched on internet and it was written that to resolve this error *SDL
> *and *SDL-devel* package should be installed.
>
> I have installed these packages but it did not work. Still I am getting
> the same message.
> Can anyone help me out with this. Below is the screenshot of message.

it sounds normal to me. that message means that qemu successfully started a
VNC server. you now need to connect to the server to see the output. that
is handy when using graphical interface. if you have no UI, you can use the
'nographic' option to runqemu, and it won't use VNC, and you will get the
login console in your terminal.