[yocto] Hello world package error

Zafrullah Syed zafrullahmehdi at gmail.com
Tue May 21 02:42:14 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to add Hello world package, my path is as follows,

*/home/siguser/yocto/poky*

    --meta-bebot
       --recipes-bebot
         --helloworld
           --helloworld.bb

                +-------------------------------------------

                |   +-------------------------------------------

                DESCRIPTION = "Simple helloworld application"
                SECTION = "examples"
                LICENSE = "MIT"
                PR = "r0"
                SRC_URI = "file://*hello.c*"
                S = "*/home/siguser/workspace/bebot-apps/helloworld*"

                do_compile() {
         	${CC} hello.c -o helloworld
                }

                do_install() {
	        install -d ${D}${bindir}
	        install -m 0755 helloworld ${D}${bindir}
                }
          +-------------------------------------------

 Source file location: */home/siguser/workspace/bebot-apps/helloworld*

                                                              --hello.c

When i try to run *bitbake helloworld* from build it throws "Nothing
provides bitbake " error

P.S: My source file location is outside of poky and i gave source
location(S) in helloworld.bb

Any help or ideas?

Regards,

Zafrullah Syed