[yocto] Bitbake build visualization

David Rosen drosen at electric-cloud.com
Tue May 14 22:03:31 PDT 2013

Hi all,

As a newbie to bitbake and Yocto I have attempted to explore the
behaviour, characteristics and performance of bitbake, through the
simple steps documented in the quick start guides on the Yocto Project
website. As part of this learning process I came up with a utility that
helps in visualizing and understanding the parallel distribution of the
various bitbake tasks across the build machine, as well as providing
some additional metrics and reports. More details available here:
http://www.electric-cloud.com/blog/2013/05/10/yoctoopenembedded-bitbake-build-visualization/

As-is, my thinking is this may be useful for the wider bitbake and Yocto
communities, hence I wanted to share on these mailing lists.
If there is value here, are there other features or capabilities that
would be worthwhile to consider? Any other thoughts or feedback?

Disclaimer: ElectricInsight, (the visualization part of this utility) is
free but proprietary software, currently gated behind a simple
registration form linked from the URL above.

Thanks

David Rosen

--
*David Rosen* | Product Manager | Electric Cloud | +1-408-419-4313 |
drosen at electric-cloud.com