[yocto] Yocto Doubts

varun bhatnagar varun292006 at gmail.com
Tue May 14 09:11:15 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am trying to understand Yocto build process and I have couple of
doubts.....

1) After specifying the architecture in local.conf when I give bitbake -k
core-image-minimal the build process gets kicked off.
                                    My doubt is how are the executables
getting cross compiled. Is cmake getting called anywhere? How is the whole
process linked?

2) While building it executes some 1465 tasks which are packages written in
recipe files and fetches them from internet. Will these be included in the
image which will be created? If I want to restrict any package from getting
downloaded how can I do that?

//
//Varun