[yocto] Documentation cross-reference links for 1.4 on don't seem to be working on my machine

Rifenbark, Scott M scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com
Mon May 13 04:48:11 PDT 2013

Just a heads up for the documentation that is published on the web.  I have encountered some strange behavior in which cross-reference links to other specific places in a manual other than the one the link is originating from are not working.  Example URLs that will not link to a specific topic in a manual are:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.5/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-FILESEXTRAPATHS
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.4.1/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-FILESEXTRAPATHS

and so forth.  I just discovered this oddity and am trying to figure out the issue.  Instead of links like the above taking you to the specific spot in the manual they simply take you to the top of the manual.

This behavior doesn't seem to be beyond my machine, which is running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.  I am using Mozilla's firefox for Ubuntu canonical - 1.0 (20.0).  I tried going to the site on my Windows-based machine and all the links behave normally for IE, Chrome, and Firefox.  This is probably something to do with my machine but I wanted to give a "heads-up" out there in case somebody else was having problems with the links.

Scott

Scott Rifenbark
Intel Corporation
Yocto Project Documentation