[yocto] resize_inode

seth bollinger seth.boll at gmail.com
Sat May 4 13:36:41 PDT 2013

Hello All,

I'm trying to create a small SD card image that I can quickly dd to card
and then do an online resize as a post process step to take advantage of
the entire space of the card.  Similar to how the raspbian image works.
Unfortunately genext2fs doesn't seem to set this flag (and reserve the
required resources), so the online resize fails.  I tried using tune2fs,
as it looked like there was some interest in adding support, but it
looks like it never happened.  Has anyone else run into this issue?  Is
there a solution?

resize2fs 1.42.1 (17-Feb-2012)
Filesystem at /dev/mmcblk0p2 is mounted on /; on-line resizing required
old_desc_blocks = 1, new_desc_blocks = 15
resize2fs: Filesystem does not support online resizing

| Setting filesystem feature 'resize_inode' not supported.
| tune2fs 1.42.1 (17-Feb-2012)

Thanks,

Seth