[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Zenity is in meta-gnome

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Thu May 2 09:18:57 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Paul Barker <paul at paulbarker.me.uk> wrote:
> Sounds great though it may take a long time to copy files to an SD
> card (I noticed a similar opinion at
> http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianInstaller). May be quicker to generate
> an image file with the correct size first then dd that to the card.

If you prefer that route, to make it even faster you could
additionally make use of the bmaptool:
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2013-January/013759.html

I've used it with the i.MX53 QSB and the improvement was noticeable.

I found it hard to get the image to be exactly the right size. There
was always a little room left-over (or the image would be too big and
wouldn't copy over to the card). This method doesn't (I don't think)
support a flexible partition layout, just the generic 2-partition
FAT+EXTx.