[yocto] how to convert source rpm spec to bitbake recipe?

Michael Fainstein Michael.Fainstein at ecitele.com
Sun Mar 31 01:45:23 PDT 2013

Is there a tool or guide for conversion of source rpm spec file to bitbake recipe?

I have a distro for our embedded product based on CentOS 5 with about 140 packages. Third are source rpm packages from CentOS without any change, third are with some of our proprietary changes and the rest are our proprietary packages in source rpm format. All source code is in our local repository (Perforce). I use RPM on native host server to build binary rpm packages and use binary rpms for software upgrade on our product. Both build on host and  install on target are driven using the same rpm spec file. Our product uses Freescale's PowerPC CPUs, so I am using PowerPC server to build our distro natively. I'd like to switch to cross-build using bitbake.
So I need to write 140 bitbake recipes that build my packages the same way as RPM and create binary rpm packages with my current existing specs for compatibility with our existing units in the field. That brings me to my question: is there a tool or guide for conversion of source rpm spec file to bitbake recipe that preserve all rpm spec scriplets?

Thanks,
Michael

This e-mail message is intended for the recipient only and contains information which is CONFIDENTIAL and which may be proprietary to ECI Telecom. If you have received this transmission in error, please inform us by e-mail, phone or fax, and then delete the original and all copies thereof.