[yocto] Shared DL_DIR with other users

Vanveerdeghem, Simon Simon.Vanveerdeghem at barco.com
Tue Mar 26 06:37:36 PDT 2013

Hi,

We are using Yocto with a couple of users, to prevent that our build
server has duplicates of downloads, we share the DL_DIR.

But we have problems with permissions. When a user run yocto, it will
checkout sources, or download tar files with permissions 644 with the
username of the user who is running yocto.

When another user will do a cleanall of a bitbake recipe, yocto will
remove the tarball and the svn workingcopy, but because the permissions
aren't 777 It cannot remove all the files (yocto doesn't throw an error
here).

When that other user will do a fetch of thqt recipe, yocto will checkout
the svn directory, it will leave as good as clean because it says
internally "Skipped ." (yocto doesn't throw an error here) then it wil
take a tarball of it, again the tarball has only a directory named of
the checked out module, but have no sources. (yocto doesn't throw an
error here)

When yocto will building the sources it will fail because the tar was
clean, and there is nothing to build.

The rootcause of this problem is that the shared download directory only
use 644. (We can workaround this with the .profile (we can set in the
.profile a standard permission mask, but then you always use that mask,
something we don't want)

Someone already problems with this?

DISCLAIMER:
Unless indicated otherwise, the information contained in this message is privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and/or attachments is strictly prohibited. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Furthermore, the company does not warrant a proper and complete transmission of this information, nor does it accept liability for any delays. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the message. Thank you.