[yocto] Creating tailored image without standard rootfs files

Tomas Frydrych tf+lists.yocto at r-finger.com
Thu Mar 21 12:44:40 PDT 2013

On 21/03/13 15:09, Peter Bergin wrote:
> for my Yocto build I want to create two separate images as output
> because in my system I have two separate partitions. One partition
> containing the root file system and one partition containing
> configuration and application data. What I want is to create an image
> only containing data and applications from my recipes that I can apply
> to my data partition.

You can post-process the rootfs before generating the image to rm the
dirs you do not want, by appending a suitable function to the
ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND variable.

Also, there are existing systems out here that need multiple partitions,
e.g., the SD image  for RPi (see meta-raspberrypi) contains two separate
partitions, see the sdimage bbclass for what it does.

Tomas

--
http://sleepfive.com