[yocto] Java on target machine

Florin Cristian Dan dan.florincristian at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 02:58:41 PDT 2013

First of all hello every body,
A few days ago, i sent an e-mail in wich i was asking how can i run java
apps on my target machine, mr. Paul Eggleton was kind enough to answar and
gave me some links for enableing the layer, download the desired layer from
LayerIndex and so on. I followed those steps, and i've started my owm
image...
I've added the layer suport for emenlow, respectivly i've edite the
bblayar.conf adding the path to meta-intel and meta-emenlow
then i've added the path for meta-java-master...After that i read the READ
me file inside the meta-java-master and saw this:
This layer depends on:

URI: git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core
branch: master
revision: HEAD

URI: git://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded
branch: master
revision: HEAD

So i,ve downloaded the two layer and add their path to bblayer.conf. After
that i've edited the local.conf named my machine emenlow and also added
this for java:
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/java-native = "jamvm-native"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/javac-native = "ecj-bootstrap-native"
PREFERRED_VERSION_openjdk-6-jre = "6b24-1.11.9"

because that was the README from the meta-java-master was saying. I've
saved my files and then i started the bitbake process...
bitbaje core-image-sato-emenlow
but there were to errors that were saying that there is no conf folder in
the ompenembedded-core and meta-openembedded so i've removed their path
from bblayer.conf and i've started again the process, i think gave me few
warnings but the process continued and my image burned succesfully. I've
booted the image and tried to run a java simple hello world program, but of
core there were no sign o java compiler. javac myfile.java ---
javac:command not found
What do you thing i should do?
Thank you.