[yocto] Can't find guile-2.0

Ross Burton ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Mar 20 13:15:49 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 20 March 2013 at 20:06, Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
> > From: Burton, Ross
> >
> > Okay, try doing "bitbake -c devshell autogen-native", and then running
> > "pkg-config --cflags --libs guile-2.0". That should produce errors,
> > which may be more useful. Debugging over email is quite difficult. :(
>
> It complains that guile-2.0 is not found in the pkg-config search path, and
> suggests adding the directory containing guile-2.0.pc to PKG_CONFIG_PATH.
> This variable contains two directories within my build directory:
>
> tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/lib/pkgconfig
> tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/share/pkgconfig
>
> The first directory contains guile-1.8.pc, not guile-2.0.pc.
Okaaaay.  So what version of oe-core or poky are you using that is providing the guile-native?  Having autogen-native r3 implies some revision of master post-danny, as danny (1.3) only has autogen-native r2. Either way, both Danny and master have guile-native 2.0.6.

What are you exact layers and versions?  I'm not understanding why you're not getting the guile-native that must be present alongside your autogen-native (as I fixed guile and then fixed autogen in the same day).

Ross