[yocto] Can't find guile-2.0

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Mar 20 03:18:39 PDT 2013

On 13 March 2013 06:53, Paul D. DeRocco <pderocco at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> One thing that I notice is that in my build/tmp/work/i686-linux, I have two
> directories, autogen-native-5.12-r2 and autogen-native-5.12-r3. The first is
> from my successful out-of-the-box build of a week ago; the second is from my
> current failed build. What I did in between was to add the
> openembedded-core/meta and meta-openembedded/meta-oe layers in order to
> include Samba. The two logs deviate at line 275 where the old successful one
> says "checking whether with-libguile was specified... no" and the new failed
> one says "checking for i686-linux-pkg-config... no". I suspect something in
> the OE stuff appended to a recipe, which is leading to the problem.

The old sucessful one worked more through luck than anything else, -r3
was introduced to fix this.

Using current master I just confirmed this works for me.

checking for x86_64-linux-pkg-config... no
checking for pkg-config...
/data/poky-master/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/pkg-config
checking for LIBGUILE... yes
checking for x86_64-linux-pkg-config...
/data/poky-master/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/pkg-config
checking the guile version... 2.0.7

In your log the pkgconfig checks are succeeding, it's the guile check
that fails:

checking for pkg-config...
/home/pauld/yocto-atom/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/pkg-config
checking for LIBGUILE... no
configure: error: Package requirements (guile-2.0) were not met:

No package 'guile-2.0' found

autogen-native depends on guile-native so that should have worked -
try doing "bitbake -ccleansstate guile-native ; bitbake guile-native"
to force that to be rebuilt.

Ross