[yocto] Error when building image in Hob

Andreas Enbacka aenbacka at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 10:27:34 PDT 2013

Hello,

I would like to ask about an image building problem I have when using Hob
within the yocto project. I am trying to build images for the Intel emenlow
taget (e.g., core-image-sato, core-image-x11).  I am able to build the
images ok in case I do not edit them; however when trying to edit an image
(adding some package(s)), the image build always fail with an error message
as follows:

Hob found an error:

Required build target 'hob-image-20130318-131837' has no buildable
providers. Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was

['hob-image-20130318-131837','libgstinterfaces-0.10'] (the error always
refers to 'Nothing RPROVIDES libgstinterfaces-0.10' before the mentioned
error).'

Any clues what could cause the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Also, why do the packages always need to be re-selected on step 2/2: Edit
packages, once they have been selected on step 1 in Hob?

Best regards,

Andreas Enbacka