[yocto] Loading a new yocto image to Intel Fri2 board

Insop Song insop.song at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 04:16:47 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have a question on loading a new yocto image to Intel Fri2 board.

1. Board: Intel Fri2
--------------------------

2. Image: self built sato image with meta-fri2
--------------------------
I've followed an instruction from
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-intel/tree/meta-fri2/README
so do dd image of my sato image to usb as described
- "dd if=core-image-sato-fri2-20101207053738.hddimg of=/dev/sdf"

3. Sympton: stuck during boot and no ttyusb access
--------------------------
And connect it to the host USB port.
Then I can see the new grub menu that has "boot" and "install", so
selected "boot"

However, booting was stuck at around this line,
- "0000:03:0a.2: ttyPCH1 at I/O 0x2050 (irq = 41) is a pch_uart"

And I am not able to get the ttyUSB console working either.

4. Others: official sato image for Fri2 is not working either
Also just to make sure I "dd" the image from the official hdd img, but
the result is the same as my own image.

Anyone has tried the same? please let me know.

Thank you very much,

Insop