[yocto] How do I control what kernel modules are being loaded?

Hans Beckérus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 04:08:21 PST 2013

Hi. I have built some custom kernel modules (.ko) using a .bb that
inherits from the module.bbclass. There is one main kernel module and
the rest are dependent on the first. Building and installing the
modules to the rootfs works fine. Next question is how do I control
what actual modules are loaded at boot, or actually how do I control
this through Yocto? To my surprise one of the kernel module loaded
automatically!? How could this happen? I did not have an entry for it
in /etc/modules. And what do I need to do to actually add entries to
/etc/modules? Or is there some other mechanism that I should use. I
tried going through the module.bbclass but must admit I lost it
somewhere in the middle ;) Any guidance would be appreciated.

Hans