[yocto] SDK-only build

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 00:59:03 PST 2013

On Mar 2, 2013, at 8:47 AM, Trevor Woerner <twoerner at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been really blown away by the breadth of the Yocto Project; not
> only will it help you create a distribution for a device but it can
> also help you create things like a -dev image or a self-extracting
> SDK.
>
> Sometimes I like to work with a "sub-Linux" device, something that is
> too small to run Linux, or a device on which, for whatever reason,
> I've decided I don't want to run Linux.

you could add  -ffreestanding  -nostdlib and -nodefaultlibs to compiler
and it would compile bare-metal apps but you may need to provide
libgcc if needed. You may not be able to use the one shipped with
toolchain in SDK since it is for Linux env. However adding a pure bare metal
SDK generation is a whole different story and may be out of scope here