[yocto] Patching gcc-4.7.2 to add support for Xilinx MicroBlaze

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 23:07:02 PST 2013

Elvis

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Elvis Dowson <elvis.dowson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Khem,
>                   Any plans on moving to gcc-4.7.3 or 4.8.0 anytime soon?

Neither of those has been released yet so no plans as of now.

> Nearly all the microblaze gcc patches are for gcc-4.8.0 on the trunk, several of them in fact.

OK may be you should wait until fall release of yocto

> I've re-applied and ported all the existing patches that you've created for gcc-4.7.2 to gcc-4.7.3 (not yet tested).

4.7.3 is probably a snapshot you are talking about. We have moved away
from snapshots for gcc since git repo for gcc is in terabytes and
using svn did not go well with gcc recipe. If 4.7.3
is release in few days I will be happy to consider but as such we are
staying with 4.7.2

> So, I was wondering if you'd like me to try to get gcc-4.7.3 or gcc-4.8.0 built against the current poky master branch?

You could try and may be even keep recipes in a layer and we can then
progress them
into OE-Core once the time comes.