[yocto] PREFERRED_PROVIDER_u-boot problem

Hans Beckérus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 10:30:15 PST 2013

Hi, in my BSP machine/conf I have the following:

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-xlnx"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_u-boot = "u-boot-xlnx"

I also have a linux-xlnx.bb and a u-boot-xlnx.bb in
meta/mybsp/recipes_kernel and recipes_bsp respectively.
When I do 'bitbake virtual/kernel', the correct .bb file is called and
linux-xlnx is downloaded.
But, for u-boot it does not work? I have to do 'bitbake u-boot-xlnx'
to have the correct recipe being called.
If I only do 'bitbake u-boot' I seem to get some default. What might I
possibly have done wrong?
I expected these two to behave exactly the same?

Hans