[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, March 05, 2013 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Mar 5 20:20:23 PST 2013

Attendees:
MarkH, JeffP, RP, DaveST, Belen, TomZ, MichaelH, LaurentiuP, KevinS, DarrenH, Beth, PaulE, Corneliu, Jessica, Ross, Cristian, Eren, AlexD, Song

Notes:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto Project 1.3.1 status - 10 min (Ross)
  - One issues. Resolving it.
  - QA report on the pre-release last week is clean. Will have the release build in a couple of days for QA to test.
* Yocto Project 1.4 M4 release review (Song/CCB/all)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.4_Status#Milestone_4
  - We reviewed all release criteria last Friday. M4 RC1 met all criteria. This issue is that we don't have all CCB members present.
  - Mark: has reviewed all release criteria. OK with the release. Talked with Kevin, he's aware of this and OK with the release.
  - Song will follow up with Saul and Beth for the M4 release. (Done. Decision reached. M4 is releasing)
* Yocto 1.4 status - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.4_Status

  - Bug fixing: total stands at 297, close to where we started on 1.4. Fixed 43 last week. More people are fixing bugs, many have fixed 2-3 bugs. Li Wang from Wind River fixed 5. Laurentiu will update the WDD chart.
  - Feature development (medium+):
    . 3352/BogdanM: Start error reporting improvement: Already marked as resolved.
    . 2308/Ross: Small common BSP for as many hw. Ross: still discussing this. Will think of a proposal in the next couple of weeks. Will talk with others in an upcoming conference. Would like review and feedback.
    . Wayland/Alex: working on enabling wayland. There are some issues. Could be running soft renderer at the end. Any questions let Alex know.
   . Feature freeze/Richard: March 17. If there is anything coming close to that deadline, would like to know sooner.
   . Kernel/Bruce: It's in (3.8 kernel). There are a couple of issues being worked on Tom is on Perf issue. Working to upgrade BSPs.

* SWAT team rotation: Jessica Zhang -> Ross Burton
* Opens - 10 min
    - Beth: autobuilder downtime
      .  Using production system testing new AB. No other suitable testing infrastructure. Some bugs identified. Some of them are fixed. This weekend will do some test. Hopefully on Monday we can make a decision whether we can switch to the new AB. Most of Saturday and Sunday PST the autobuilder will be down.
    - RP: performance: start tracking new performance metrics. Collecting more data about performance. Anyone has other ideas on the performance metrics, please let me know.
      .Darren: IO performance?. Specifics how the system is configured, filesystem use, mount options?  Darren will send QA an email proposing this.
    - Nitin: 1.4 schedule. (already covered above)

* Team Sharing - 20 min
  - Michael: IRC monitoring is published on the web.
  - Paul: working on the layer index. Realize it needs to support multiple branches. Needs to reengineer a few things. Hope to complete that by the end of the week.