[yocto] [OE-core] Feature Completion Deadline for 1.4 looming

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Mar 4 09:16:34 PST 2013

On 4 March 2013 17:00, Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> The systemd integration? Will it be  reworked so we have an upgrade path?

As discussed on yocto@ over the weekend I'm currently working on a
branch that supports simultaneous sysvinit and systemd support.  I
hoped to have it for review by now, but we had a family illness last
week so I wasn't working fulltime.

I'm still holding the view that init scripts belong in the daemon
package, with weaked dependencies and checks on postinst, as the
logical conclusion of PN-systemd packages is to also create PN-sysv
packages, and that's a serious upgrade path concern.

Ross