[yocto] Bitbake requires Python 2.7.3

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Fri Jun 28 01:55:42 PDT 2013

I'm experimenting with meta-fsl-arm and I need to use 'master' for some of the latest updates. However, when I build I get told that "Bitbake requires Python 2.7.3".

My development system is Ubuntu 11.10, which only has 2.7.2 (and is out of support, so no updates!) and the "latest" "Quick Start" manual simply says that 2.7 is required.

Is 2.7.3 now a hard requirement (in which case the documentation could do with a minor change), or is the version test being too specific?

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com