[yocto] Fwd: Yocto Layers not getting recognized by bitbake

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Jun 27 13:25:38 PDT 2013

On Thursday 27 June 2013 23:28:05 varun bhatnagar wrote:
>  Thanks a ton Paul and Saul for the reply. Your suggestion worked. :)
> But after building my recipe file I executed bitbake -k core-image-minimal
> and I got the following error:
>
> NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['app-ea']
> ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'app-ea' (but
> /local/varun/poky-yocto-1.4-m3/meta/recipes-core/images/
> core-image-minimal.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
> NOTE: Runtime target 'com-ea' is unbuildable, removing...
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['test-ea']
> ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'tipcutils' (but
> /local/varun/poky-yocto-1.4-m3/meta/recipes-core/images/
> core-image-minimal.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
> NOTE: Runtime target 'tipcutils' is unbuildable, removing...
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['tipcutils']
> NOTE: Preparing runqueue
> ERROR: All buildable tasks have been run but the build is incomplete
> (--continue mode). Errors for the tasks that failed will have been printed
> above.

> Any idea how to resolve this one?

None of "com-ea", "test-ea" or "tipcutils" are normally in core-image-minimal
nor are they in any OE layer that I am aware of. I can only suggest that you
might have added these to CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL, is that correct? If so,
either remove these or ensure they actually exist somewhere in an enabled
layer where that layer has BBFILES correctly set up in its conf/layer.conf file
to match the directory structure of the layer.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton