[yocto] variable override question

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Tue Jun 25 13:13:32 PDT 2013

On 13-06-25 03:59 PM, Marc Ferland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a linux-yocto_3.4.bbappend file in which I try to override the
> KERNEL_FEATURES variable. I want it to be empty (I don't want the
> netfilter stuff that's there by default).
>
> So I've tried (in my bbappend):
>
> KERNEL_FEATURES = ""
>
> but somehow the netfilter.scc file still gets merged in.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. It's an artifact of the _appends that are present
in the linux-yocto recipe bbappends. You can clear it, but they'll
still append.

Those config fragments weren't optional when the recipes were
created, we've since evolved to the point where they are.

I squeezed in a change to linux-yocto_3.8 before the yocto 1.4
cutoff, and have changed linux-yocto_3.4 to match, and strangely,
was about to send a consolidated pull request that contains the
change.

You can either locally make the same change, and clear:

  KERNEL_EXTRA_FEATURES

or wait for my latest update.

Cheers,

Bruce