[yocto] FW: cannot bitbake/build.compile tcf-agent for use with fsl-image-gui-sdk

Thanassis Silis djnass_18 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 25 06:58:11 PDT 2013

Hi Jessica,
I have rebuilt an image with "IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " openssh" in my local.conf
which led to the generation of the image with openssh as expected.

However, the sftp-server executable was never included in the deployed image. I am wondering why this is.

searching for the executable gives enough results:

- there are .deb, .ipk, .rpm packages generated under <build_dir>/tmp/deploy/[deb|ipk|rpm] folders
- the executable has been installed in : <build_dir>/tmp/work/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/openssh/6.1p1-r0/sysroot-destdir/usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server

still it was never transfered to the image. so I wanted to do that manually following:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.3.1/adt-manual/adt-manual.html#configuring-the-pms
 unfortunately, I am stuck at not finding a packaging suitable application (opkg-cl) in my sourced environment.

this is really a single executable file and I did just copy it manually to the target in the end (and debugging through openssh works fine too), but I would surely like to know if I have missed any steps and fail to use "smart" or "opkg-cl" in order to install packages in my image (or extracted image for that matter)

Thank you for your help.