[yocto] Documenting YP Development Environment in more detail - user configuration

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Jun 25 02:54:44 PDT 2013

On 25 June 2013 01:39, Philip Balister <philip at balister.org> wrote:
> I totally agree we drifted way beyond the initial discussion of the
> figure. The key thought here is understanding how Poky differs from a
> typical use of oe-core + other layers.

Is there such a thing as a "typical" use of oe-core + layers?  Poky
uses a custom tool (combo-layer, in oe-core/scripts) to merge the
layers into a single repo.  You could also use git submodules to make
a single repo (such as Guacamayo), or git subtree merges, or use repo
(gumstix), or have a script that manages the fetching of multiple
layers (Angstrom).

Ross