[yocto] Documenting YP Development Environment in more detail

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Tue Jun 25 00:02:57 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Rudolf Streif
<rstreif at linuxfoundation.org>wrote:

>> An appendix on Android's "repo" tool might make for an excellent
>> addition; it seems some Yocto projects are showing lots of interest in
>> using it.
>>
>> The idea is to integrate/use it with YP? I know what repo does and that
> it is built on top of git but I have not looked behind the scenes to figure
> out how it does its job and how it can be used with something else like YP
> instead of with the Android repositories and review system.

not integrate with yocto directly. but use it to 'manage' the set of trees
that are required when using OE/Yocto. The gumstix guys are using it, see
[1], and we are moving toward it at linaro too, to manage our builds [2]

[1] https://github.com/gumstix/Gumstix-YoctoProject-Repo
[2] http://lists.linaro.org/pipermail/linaro-dev/2013-May/015998.html

then for organization that might need it, repo can be integrated with
gerrit too, but repo 'standalone' can still be used to manage set of trees.