[yocto] Documenting YP Development Environment in more detail - user configuration

Jeff Osier-Mixon jefro at jefro.net
Mon Jun 24 11:37:57 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Philip Balister <philip at balister.org> wrote:
> Showing how Poky (the reference distribution) is built would be a nice
> way to introduce people to building their own custom distributions using
> OpenEmbedded.

Totally agree, but I would relegate that to a separate effort. The
main problem with diagrams like this is trying to squeeze in too much
information in order to preserve completeness, at the expense of
clarity. It would be more ideal to start with a very simple diagram,
then move on to other diagrams to zoom in on pertinent detail. It is a
delicate balancing act. In this case, I would say to put "how Poky is
built" into the 3rd or 4th diagram in a series.

I'm glad to see this conversation happening!

--
Jeff Osier-Mixon http://jefro.net/blog
Yocto Project Community Manager @Intel http://yoctoproject.org