[yocto] Documenting YP Development Environment in more detail - user configuration

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Mon Jun 24 09:55:40 PDT 2013

On 06/24/2013 11:08 AM, Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:
> My figure is for Yocto Project documentation so I am going to show that oe-init-build-env gets information from meta-yocto.  I understand that OE-Core sample files are in "meta".  There is a single oe-init-build-env script and it looks in one of two places.

Actually, the script is in two places, the root level of a poky checkout
and in the oe-core directory.

Explaining how poky is built up from oe-core + meta-yocto +
meta-yocto-bsp + some other stuff would be really helpful in reducing
confusion over what all the pieces are and where they come from.

Philip