[yocto] Documenting YP Development Environment in more detail - user configuration

Rifenbark, Scott M scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com
Mon Jun 24 07:12:51 PDT 2013

Jerrod,

Thanks for the feedback in this area.  Your observations are pretty much in line with what I got from Paul Eggleton, who is on the YP Team.  I am going to reduce what is revealed file-wise in the meta-yocto layer.  Turns out that auto.conf and site.conf are files that a user would have to hand-create if they even wanted them.  We happen to provide a sample for site.conf only.  The auto.conf file would be a file that could be created and written to by an autobuilder.  The auto.conf file could contain settings that would be similar to what you would see in a local.conf file.  My understanding is that it exists mainly for autobuilders to stuff things into.  I will note this in the section I'm developing here for this configuration stuff.

Machine, distro, and policies and all that type of configuration is going to be covered in my next little submission that talks about layers and their role regarding what they feed into the whole process.

Thanks,
Scott