[yocto] Documenting YP Development Environment in more detail

Trevor Woerner trevor.woerner at linaro.org
Mon Jun 24 05:56:20 PDT 2013

Hi Rudi,

On 24 June 2013 01:41, Rudolf Streif <rstreif at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>> If I were writing a book about Yocto/OE,
> This is a project I am currently working on, a book about the Yocto Project.

Awesome! That's great news! I was hoping someone would "beat me to it"
:-) I look forward to reading it once it's done. Do you have a
publisher or an expected release date?

An appendix on Android's "repo" tool might make for an excellent
addition; it seems some Yocto projects are showing lots of interest in
using it.

>> in the first chapter I would
>> have the readers build their own filesystem/kernel from scratch
>
> I thought about that too but I found it distracting.

Fair enough. Maybe I'll write some blog-ish post about it for those
rare few who would like to see a bottom-up perspective :-)