[yocto] How NOT to include kernel image to the rootfs?

Insop Song insop.song at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 01:54:52 PDT 2013

Hi,

Thank you for the answer.

I've tried
- by commenting "RDEPENDS_kernel-base ?= "kernel-image"" from kernel.bbclass
- and/or adding "RDEPENDS_kernel-base = "" in my image definition

But neither worked.

For confirmation, this bitbake -e outptut and it doesn't have the
kernel-base

insop at neon /opt/build-fsl-yocto-1.3.2 $ time bitbake -e fsl-image-min-net2
| grep kernel-base

real 0m10.691s
user 0m6.476s
sys 0m0.844s
insop at neon /opt/bui

Also, though it was not concluded, I found this mail thread also said that
it didn't work
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.embedded.yocto.general/12694

Any other thought?

Thank you,